On-line residence furnishings retailer Wayfair introduced that its enterprise program, Wayfair Skilled, is asking for submissions for its sixth annual Tastemaker Awards.
Given the various challenges of the previous 12 months that required companies to change operations in an ever-changing surroundings, this 12 months’s Tastemaker Awards will acknowledge the resilience of designers and companies throughout industries with the addition of latest award classes and new judges.
“The Wayfair Skilled Tastemaker Awards contest was created to focus on the distinctive and numerous expertise of our members and showcase the easiest of their designs, whether or not massive or small. This 12 months, we’re extending the award classes to additionally acknowledge their resilience and ingenuity within the midst of a troublesome 12 months, as they pivoted to make areas safer and extra useful, whereas sustaining excellence in design,” mentioned Margaret Lawrence, vp of Wayfair Skilled.
The winners will likely be chosen by a panel of judges spanning a number of industries. This 12 months’s line-up contains Hadley Keller, digital director of Home Stunning; Nigel Maynard, editor-in-chief of Customized Builder Journal and Merchandise; and for the primary time, a earlier Tastemaker Award winner will be part of the panel of judges: Galey Alix Gravenstein, inside designer and 2020 recipient of the Wayfair Skilled Tastemaker Award for Finest Business Workplace Design.
Because the inception of the Tastemaker Awards in 2015, tens of 1000’s of entries have been submitted for consideration, however solely 26 designers and design corporations have been named winners, representing the easiest in design and innovation.
The 2021 Tastemaker Awards will have fun the 12 months’s most distinctive designs with the next classes:
- Most Revolutionary Design for Social Distancing: Finest strategy to social distancing, with a balanced design aesthetic and considerate use of house.
- Finest Use of Outside Area: Finest design of out of doors house , from restaurant patios to residential backyards, managed buildings’ roof decks, or any out of doors lounge house.
- Most Dramatic Renovation: Finest earlier than & after renovation.
- Finest Residential Design: Finest kitchen, front room, residence workplace, bed room, rest room, playroom, residence gymnasium, or different residential house.
- Finest Business Enterprise Design: Finest typical workplace house, restaurant, resort, or different business enterprise house.
- Most Efficient Use of Coloration: Finest use of shade for impression or visible curiosity, throughout any design.
“Every year we see unparalleled creativity from our design and trade professionals that’s really inspirational,” mentioned Lawrence. “We’re happy to introduce new award classes that acknowledge a shift in design priorities over the previous 12 months, whereas additionally bringing again some perennial favorites to showcase a broader vary of design artistry and creative options.”
To enter, members can add pictures of their best-designed areas to their Instagram feed, tag and observe @WayfairProfessional, and write a quick description with each #WFPtastemakers and #WayfairProStyle included within the photograph caption. The competition is simply open to members of Wayfair Skilled.
One winner will likely be chosen per class and awarded the next prizes: $1,000 to buy throughout Wayfair and its household of manufacturers, promotion of their profitable design on Wayfair Skilled’s social media channels, and inclusion within the Tastemaker Award winners’ press launch and weblog. The decision for submissions opens February 23 and runs by means of March 9 at 11:59 p.m. EST.